Greek Kpop Lovers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

2NE1 INTERVIEWS [& Scans,Caps,Ads]

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Barbara
Barbara

2NE1 INTERVIEWS [& Scans,Caps,Ads] Empty
PostSubject: 2NE1 INTERVIEWS [& Scans,Caps,Ads]   2NE1 INTERVIEWS [& Scans,Caps,Ads] EmptyFri Apr 15, 2011 3:58 am

Bling Magazine Interview: "We Are Originals"

2NE1 INTERVIEWS [& Scans,Caps,Ads] Logo102NE1 INTERVIEWS [& Scans,Caps,Ads] Logo12
CL: (looks outside) What is this noise?
Interviewer: Today (March 15th), there is Civil Defense training.
CL: I was so shocked. Mentally, it's still exhausting. I think I have to run away. (2NE1, while preparing for their Japanese debut, had to return home last minute due to the earthquake)
Sandara Park: It was really shocking. I can't believe it even now. Since we were in Tokyo, we didn't experience as much damage but...after watching the news back in Korea, I was even more anxious. It's a really sad event.
Park Bom: We were training really hard for the Japanese debut, and the earthquake happened right before our first stage. But I couldn't regret or feel bad that we couldn't perform. We can always debut overseas later, but this is something really terrifying.
Interviewer: You completed a busy 1st promotion. You even had three title tracks.
Sandara: It was a new and beautiful city, I think. Just the fact that we got to try makes me happy. It's work that we have to try three times as hard as anyone else. It was difficult but I'm really proud. Hahaha.
Park Bom: It's a little unsatisfying and regrettable. If we had shown one track at a time, we could have shown a little more.
Gong Minji: It feels like time flew past.
Interviewer: It's hard enough to promote one title track, but how much practice do you need to go on stage and perform three?
Sandara: There's no set practice time or anything. But it takes the majority of our day. On top of that, 2NE1's choreography keeps changing a lot.
Minji: We always practice like we're performing on a stage. That way, we can have more fun and be more comfortable while we're singing.
Interviewer: In order to perform on stage, it takes a lot of preparation time as well, right?
CL: That's true, but I love that time the most. It's then that I get ideas for music videos or outfits. When I get ready and think of ideas, my heart beats really fast. But then when I do that, the moment I get on stage, I go a little insane. Hahaha.
Interviewer: So that's why you say “Nolja” before running up on stage?
Sandara: I think that's what makes us feel more comfortable. You're getting yourself excited, it feels like you're getting more strength, and it also makes you feel good!
Park Bom: At that moment, I feel like I'm not Park Bom, but rather a different person. If I get up on stage as Park Bom, I feel like I would be so embarrassed that I wouldn't be able to sing properly. When I was a trainee, I got in a lot of trouble for that. I even got a teacher from overseas to help me. Thanks to my teacher, Park Bom could show an image and charisma not really Park Bom's.
Interviewer: You must have a lot of things you want to do, but because of training while you were little and 2NE1's busy schedule now, you must not have any time.
Minji: But we get to experience things that none of our friends can, learn things that they can't, which is kind of nice. The areas we lack in, we supplement with books.
Interviewer: During that time, you read?

----

Minji: Recently, that's what I've been concentrating on the most. After I buy a book, I write down when I started it and how long I read it, keeping track of all my books.
Interviewer: What's fun these days?
Minji: I like novels, and I also like mysteries. The book I read a while ago was fun. It's called “Today is Service Day”, and I got it as a present.
Interviewer: What about the other members?
Park Bom: In my case, I went to college for a brief time...well, I've never missed reading or particularly wanted to (laugh).
Interviewer: And it's not just because you went through it all already?
Park Bom: Ah~ I didn't want to take it that far! Actually, it's true. But now that I've spent several years for 2NE1 practice and promotions together, I kind of want to go out sometimes...
Interviewer: What do you want most?
Park Bom: A boyfriend!
Interviewer: Sandara, you too?
Sandara: I also want to concentrate most on love...ah, no never mind. I have to concentrate most on work! But even if I focus on love, I can still do my work well~.
Interviewer: The magnae (youngest) is the most mature.
Minji: Hahaha, do you think so? I think I remember hearing that before.
Interviewer: How about you, CL?
CL: To be honest, I spent all my time these days thinking about the Japanese promotion. It's great that we get a lot of fantastic opportunities, but I wonder if it's the right timing. Maybe we should try to be more successful in Korea. Since it was our first time out of the country, it was pretty serious.
Interviewer: Did you have confidence that, since you rose in popularity in Korea, you would have a good response from America? (Did you think America would like you?)
CL: Hahaha, that wasn't quite it. I think that trying my best where I am is the most important thing. Will.I.Am liked my image in Korea, because the internet has no international barrier. Even if you don't understand the language, you can still love the music. Whether or not I was Indian or from Sri Lanka and made music, people from the Philippines and Russian fans would still like it. That's what I like to think.
Interviewer: As a leader, you must have had a lot of responsibility on your shoulders.
CL: Even though I'm the leader, I don't really do much. My role is like any of the 2NE1 members.
Interviewer: Do your aged unnies (older sisters) follow you well?
Park Bom, Sandara: Eh, eh, who is the old unnie!
CL: The unnies are easygoing and lighthearted. They have more aegyo (cuteness) than us magnaes. And plus, everyone's merits are remarkably different. So there's nothing difficult about it.
Interviewer: Sandara, you were a popular entertainer in the Philippines before signing on with YG Entertainment. It couldn't have been an easy decision.
Sandara: There was nothing hard about it. Except, at the beginning I had no friends so it was lonely. It takes a long time for me to open up and be friendly with someone. Dongsaengs (younger people/”siblings”) talked to me, and they came up to me, which really helped.
Interviewer: You were even spending time as an actress then but not here.
Sandara: I'm interested in acting still. I want to be a funny character or a main character in a horror movie. But first, I have to go further than the basics. Hahaha. The most important thing right now is 2NE1. If I have time later, I'll do it then.
Interviewer: Other members must have things they want to do outside of 2NE1.
CL: We still need to improve. While we're in 2NE1 together, I want to build more experience. Later, if we prepare, we can do other things then and we won't be too late. But right now, soloing or doing other things in the entertainment industry is like being greedy.
Park Bom: I also like where we are now. But hip hop would be fun. It's not the trend right now, but it would be fun to wear super baggy pants and do it. Hahaha.
Minji: If I could try something different, it would be being a magnae that was fresh, bright, and cute.
Interviewer: So we're back again to the issue of style. All of you have an interest in fashion. You'd be well off being designers.
CL: I wanted to do that in the past...but I'm still lacking in a lot of aspects. I love clothes. If I did become a designer, I would choose to make clothes that I like. Rather than a fashion that anyone could wear comfortably, I'd make clothes I would want to wear, accessories that I would put on, shoes that I would wear.
Minji: A while ago, CL unnie was with Jeremy Scott for “Project Runway Korea” to judge, and I thought they were amazing. But instead of being a judge, I'd rather attend as a designer myself. To be perfectly honest, I'm the most masculine in 2NE1, but my tastes are actually quite girly (laugh). I like dramatic outfits, so I would design a feminine style for 2NE1.
CL: But it only happened to me because I was with Jeremy Scott. I would never to judge someone with my lack of experience right now (laugh). If it wasn't for Jeremy, I would never have experienced the one-chance-in-a-lifetime opportunity.
Sandara: I can't design. So I will just shop (laugh).
Park Bom: Won't Adidas Originals collaborate with us? We could put in our name and make sexy, cute clothes. Hahaha.
Interviewer: There's many people that follow 2NE1's style. You guys are fashion icons.
CL: We just love clothes, is all. Adidas Originals and Jeremy Scott were brands I liked from the beginning. Besides, the fact that they met up with each other is special.
Sandara: Even if you don't accessorize, it's still cool! Plus, it's really comfortable.
Minji: At a Japanese performance, one fan was wearing the Indian cultural tattoos really similar to what I wore in “Clap Your Hands”. It was amazing. And I was also thankful for it.
Interviewer: Then what makes 2NE1 original?
Sandara: Hul, that's hard. Hm...me, the coconut tree hair?
CL: Hahaha.
2NE1 INTERVIEWS [& Scans,Caps,Ads] Logo11

Sandara: Ah! TamTam that CL made me (in “2NE1 TV”, CL made Sandara a doll for a present)! That is really original. And...hm...my...elementary school kid charisma. Hahaha.
Park Bom: My voice! And my style, my looks, Park Bom herself is an original!
Minji: Since I'm still young, I'm not sure what makes me original...YG magnae? I want to be a good magnae to be the legendary, original magnae.
CL: I don't think there's anyone in the world who's not original. Even if you try to find the exact same people, you can't.
Sandara: All of CL is original. Especially her aegyo!
CL: Aigoo.
Interviewer: How close are you, CL, with Jeremy Scott?
CL: At first, he was a fan, maybe. But now we're friends. Very close friends. Even though there's an age difference, he's like an unnie (laugh). We respect each others work, and we have a good relationship. We contact each other almost every day.
Interviewer: You must learn a lot of things.
CL: Music and fashion are really different genres, but in a wide scale both are forms of art. When we look at the same things, we feel the same way. I get a lot of experience.
Interviewer: You are so mature here, but in “2NE1 TV”, you often ruined your image.
Park Bom: I didn't know I could talk so much and be so crazy. I thought I had a cool manner, with good pose, and spoke clearly. But that really wasn't the case. It was a huge deal. I was thinking, what do I do now? But people who saw how natural my actions were liked Park Bom's charisma. It was really relieving.
Sandara: I had no worries. Since members took the cameras themselves sometimes, I monitored with a lot of effort too. If what I recorded didn't come on, I was so disappointed. Hahaha.
Park Bom: I'm not really good at making myself look pretty. Even if I try, it doesn't work. But I thought the scenes I didn't look my best wouldn't come on the show. I'm a girl too...
Interviewer: You have a scary and strong image, so you must have wanted to look pretty.
Park Bom: Of course. Anyway, in 2NE1 I have the woman part (laugh).
Interviewer: In 2NE1, were you ever jealous of another member's concept?
Minji: We're all so different and have such different tastes that there wasn't anything like that really.
Sandara: I love sneakers so much, I don't understand the lure of high heels. More than anyone, I prefer pants over skirts.
Park Bom: This style is nice, but sometimes I really want to try a boyish look. Not anyone's concept, just boyish!
Interviewer: What do you want to do next?
CL: Doing things we're doing now well? Hahaha. Trends come and go, like 2NE1's style changes with new music. So I think more than thinking about what to do next, that who can do it fastest is more important.

------

Interviewer: So CL, you're the most greedy one. I'm curious about your role model.
CL: It's too hard to pick just one, because there's so many people I respect and look up to. Right now, I would say Queen and Prince.
Interviewer: Does that mean we get to see rocker CL?
CL: Hahaha, no, not that. My father loves rock, so I guess I inherited some of that. I like rock music as well as chic rock style.
Interviewer: Is that why you're wearing that awesome ring?
CL: This is my addiction. Usually, I'm wearing a huge ring around most of my fingers.
Interviewer: What do the other members usually enjoy wearing?
Minji: Me, training pants. I have several black ones. I've seen fans that drew me in them.
Sandara: Right now, I'm attached to Jeremy Scott's wing shoes. Items I like get so used and dirty to the point that you can't even use it, but a while a go, people said it was so dirty I had to get new ones.
Park Bom: Me, short things. Hahaha.
Sandara: Everyone acknowledges those Beauty Queen Legs!
Interviewer: Now that I see your faces concentrating on this interview, I'm suddenly curious. When you concentrate, what faces do you make?
Sandara: Minji lifts and pushes her face towards the speaker a lot.
Park Bom: (suddenly pushes her face to the editor) Like this. It's kind of awkward. She fixed this a lot, but when she was younger it was a lot worse.
Minji: Oh, besides that, I want to open my eyes wide, but as I concentrate, my eyes get smaller. For the fans that watch me through TV, I want to show them at my prettiest with large eyes, but it doesn't go for much more than a couple of seconds.
Sandara: I frown.
CL: I don't really know...
Minji: CL flares her nostrils. Hahaha.
CL: That's when I'm feeling happy! When I concentrate, no matter how much people around me try to call me, I can't hear them. Ah! During our promotions, I don't sleep. Is this too scary? Because of our schedule there are times when we really can't sleep, but I feel like if I sleep more than 4-5 hours, I'll get lazy.
Interviewer: When can we here 2NE1's new songs?
CL: Even we don't know that...
Sandara: Hahaha. If there's a stage, wouldn't you be able to tell by our passionate performance?
CL: I don't think it'll be on the stage that you'll know. I think you'll know by our passion and results. So far, we have one recording, and this interview. These kinds of things, you can see 2NE1's passion.
Interviewer: Then this was our passionate interview!

Source: Bling Magazine (April 2011 Issue)
Translated by kpopluvr @ygladies.com

For HQ scans of the article head over to the Eye Candy section --> HERE

Last edited by Barbara on Wed May 11, 2011 6:07 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://fangirl2fashion.tumblr.com
Barbara
Barbara

PostSubject: Bom's Interview on Cyworld   2NE1 INTERVIEWS [& Scans,Caps,Ads] EmptySat Apr 30, 2011 10:33 pm

2NE1 INTERVIEWS [& Scans,Caps,Ads] 110426_starbgm

Hello Cyworld members, this is 2NE1's Park Bom. ^^

I'm introducing myself with my solo song, 'Don't Cry' this time. Even though I'm coming back so long after 'You & I', thank you for showing me so much love this time as well.

The song, 'Don't Cry' was of course, made by Teddy-oppa, who also made 'You & I', and is a fast-tempo R&B song that is matched well with a piano melody and house beat. Starting with my solo song, this time, 2NE1 will be releasing a new song every 3 weeks. YG's promotions manager, Miss Sandara, is ambitiously preparing 2NE1's activities, so we hope that you guys will be excited for it~
There are a lot of fans who love your charismatic voice, do you have a secret to maintain your singing skills?

When I was receiving vocal training, I was often told that my voice is very charismatic, and so it seems like that became a huge confident booster~ I think it's very important that singers have to have confidence in their own voice and be very possessive and loving of their own voice in order to be a good vocalist.

I don't have a special way of taking care of my voice, I just drink water often and stock up on healthy foods!!~
2NE1 INTERVIEWS [& Scans,Caps,Ads] 110426_starbgm_img02

How is it like working with Teddy, whom you've spent so much time with? And was there ever a happy incident that you've had with him?

I work really well with Teddy-oppa. He's a person that will give me courage and tell me I can do it when I think to myself, "Will I be able to express these feelings?".

Not so much of a pleasant incident, but when 'Don't Cry' was released, and I had seen that it was receiving a good response on several music sites, the first person I thought of was Teddy-oppa. I called him at 1AM and just cried. ^^ That was the most memorable incident.

If you get suggested to appear on 'I'm a singer', would you want to participate?

Since I haven't received an invitation yet, I haven't actually thought about my decision to appear, however if I really receive an invitation, it seems like I'll have to think hard about my decision.

Do you think there's an appeal of doing solo activities that's different from 2NE1's activities, and is there a type of music that you want to try when you release a full solo album?

I think the appeal of solo performances is that, when you do solo performances, you, alone, are responsible for the performance through your own capabilities. Because of that, the burden is greater, and its more difficult and lonelier, however the sense of achievement you get from it is much greater as well.

If I end up doing a full solo album… I want to try doing a powerful song that has a strong sense of rhythm that will allow me to show off my performance and singing skills like Beyonce!!

2NE1 INTERVIEWS [& Scans,Caps,Ads] 110426_starbgm_img03

Please recommend some music to the Cyworld members from your previous activities.

Bom's Interview on Cyworld

Reduced: 79% of original size [ 770 x 300 ] - Click to view full image

Hello Cyworld members, this is 2NE1's Park Bom. ^^

I'm introducing myself with my solo song, 'Don't Cry' this time. Even though I'm coming back so long after 'You & I', thank you for showing me so much love this time as well.

The song, 'Don't Cry' was of course, made by Teddy-oppa, who also made 'You & I', and is a fast-tempo R&B song that is matched well with a piano melody and house beat. Starting with my solo song, this time, 2NE1 will be releasing a new song every 3 weeks. YG's promotions manager, Miss Sandara, is ambitiously preparing 2NE1's activities, so we hope that you guys will be excited for it~

There are a lot of fans who love your charismatic voice, do you have a secret to maintain your singing skills?

When I was receiving vocal training, I was often told that my voice is very charismatic, and so it seems like that became a huge confident booster~ I think it's very important that singers have to have confidence in their own voice and be very possessive and loving of their own voice in order to be a good vocalist.

I don't have a special way of taking care of my voice, I just drink water often and stock up on healthy foods!!~

Reduced: 79% of original size [ 770 x 369 ] - Click to view full image

How is it like working with Teddy, whom you've spent so much time with? And was there ever a happy incident that you've had with him?

I work really well with Teddy-oppa. He's a person that will give me courage and tell me I can do it when I think to myself, "Will I be able to express these feelings?".

Not so much of a pleasant incident, but when 'Don't Cry' was released, and I had seen that it was receiving a good response on several music sites, the first person I thought of was Teddy-oppa. I called him at 1AM and just cried. ^^ That was the most memorable incident.

If you get suggested to appear on 'I'm a singer', would you want to participate?

Since I haven't received an invitation yet, I haven't actually thought about my decision to appear, however if I really receive an invitation, it seems like I'll have to think hard about my decision.

Do you think there's an appeal of doing solo activities that's different from 2NE1's activities, and is there a type of music that you want to try when you release a full solo album?

I think the appeal of solo performances is that, when you do solo performances, you, alone, are responsible for the performance through your own capabilities. Because of that, the burden is greater, and its more difficult and lonelier, however the sense of achievement you get from it is much greater as well.

If I end up doing a full solo album… I want to try doing a powerful song that has a strong sense of rhythm that will allow me to show off my performance and singing skills like Beyonce!!

Reduced: 79% of original size [ 770 x 371 ] - Click to view full image

Please recommend some music to the Cyworld members from your previous activities.

>YOU & I
The truth is, I'm very attached to this song since it was my first ever solo song. During the promotions, several people had shown their love for it however, whenever I hear that even now it's still receiving love, I feel a sense of pride and am speechless. I have this hope inside of me that Don't Cry will receive love for as long as You & I has.

>FIRE
As it is with anyone, there is always huge importance left behind from the first time. I have my own first solo song too but I can never forget my first song as a member of 2NE1. It's even more precious to me, since it doesn't only hold great importance to me but to the other members as well.

> In the Club
I like how this song expresses the sad feelings of females in a different method. Truthfully, many girls, and I as well, express their pain of love or separation through tears, and other means of expressing pain, however I think that this song expresses it slightly differently. Is it only me that the slight sadness makes me feel even more sad? ^^

If you were to recommend some music that has had a special place in Park Bom's life?

>BEYONCE - Irreplaceable
This is a song from my favourite and most respected artist, Beyonce. During my time as a trainee, I mostly sang covers of Beyonce's songs, and this is one of my favourite ones~

> ALICIA KEYS - If I Ain't Got You
This is the song that I mainly sang as a practice song. There's a version where Usher and Alicia sang it as a duet, and I want to sing it as a duet with another amazing artist someday as well~

>Jackson 5 - I Want You back
I really like this song, so sometimes I would sing this on shows, however all of our YG Family members really like this song, so if it starts playing in our practice room or during filming, we all start bouncing around and sing along. ^^

Source: http://music.cyworld.com/special/starbgm/s...mp;ct=&pn=1
Translated by GEE @ ygladies.com
Back to top Go down
Barbara
Barbara

PostSubject: Re: 2NE1 INTERVIEWS [& Scans,Caps,Ads]   2NE1 INTERVIEWS [& Scans,Caps,Ads] EmptyWed May 11, 2011 6:07 am

Eres Magazine: 2NE1, KPop Princesses!

2NE1 INTERVIEWS [& Scans,Caps,Ads] 2ne1eres2
This quartet has began a revolution in music, not only in their county, but in the whole world. Find out more about the colorful and addicting style!

It is true that music transcends all barriers and language, and it is due to the constant evolution in media that we've permitted ourselves to pay attention to other latitudes in the planet, that before, we might have thought to be remote.

Speaking of this globalization in music is how we arrive at South Korea, a nation, who for the past years, has had a boom in kpop (English abbreviation to name Korean pop) groups. This leads us to to the fresh and interesting 2NE1.

This group, comprised of four girls, has not only caused a frenzy in Asia, but their voices have also carried over to various nations in the world which have succumbed to their feet; giving us signs that their takeover in the music industry is near as their numbers of followers rise in Mexico.

Meeting the Band

CL, Bom, Dara, and Minzy are the four girls that make up 2NE1, a group that belongs to YG Entertainment, who's business revolves around discovering and promoting rising stars to enrich the young urban culture in South Korea. Not only this, but the quartet turns out to be a female counterpart of another group called Big Bang.

It was at the end of 2008 when YG announced their project, originally a girl group with three members. In the first days of 2009, it was made public that 2NE1 was to be a quartet and in a short time, they would formally begin their activities.

After preparing hard, they debuted in May of that same year with "Lollipop", in which they were featured with their counterpart Big Bang. The theme of the video was to promote a cell phone but it turned out to be and instant hit. From that moment, these four began their path to fame.
2NE1 INTERVIEWS [& Scans,Caps,Ads] 2ne1eres3
2NE1 = 4

BOM
Date of Birth: 24 of March of 1984
Favorite Colors: Green and Red
Hobbies: Listening to music
Singer she admires: Mariah Carey

DARA
Date of Birth: 12 of November of 1984
Favorite Colors: Pink
Hobbies: Listen to music, surf internet and shopping
Favorite Music Genres: hip hop, pop and ballads.

CL
Date of Birth: 26 of February of 1991
Favorite Colors: White, black and yellow
Hobbies: songwriting, go shopping with friends and drawing
Favorite Music Genres: soul, hip hop and R&B

MINZY
Date of Birth: 18 of January of 1994
Favorite Colors: Red
Hobbies: Composing music and listening to good music
Favorite Music Genres: hip hop, house and pop

DECIPHERING THE NAME

Originally the quartet was simply named '21', taking note of the youthfulness that comes with the number, but because the name was already taken by someone else, they decided to use the alternative that we know today: 2NE1

If you pronounce this in English, we have the resulting play on words: "To Anyone" and "Twenty-One" (21). On the other side, NE signifies "New Evolution" and 21 represents that century we live in.

5 THINGS YOU SHOULD KNOW

1. The band officially debuted in May of 2009 with the single "Fire".
2. Two of the members, Sandara and Park Bom, have also proved to have luck as soloists.
3. The newspaper, The Korea Herald published a few months ago a list created by Forbes, in which 2NE1 ranks 31 out of 40 of the most powerful Korean celebrities.
4. They shall begin to promote in the US officially this year with the help of will.i.am, member of the Black Eyed Peas.
5. The quartet are the spokesmodels for "We Are Originals", a new campaign from the brand Adidas which could expand a large part of Asia.

Visit Eye Candy for full-size scans --> Click Here!

Source: 2NE1 Mexico, Eres Magazine*
Thanks to mery for the scans
Translated by edna @ygladies.com

*Published by Revista Eres Mexico, Eres is a popular entertainment magazine in Mexico.
Back to top Go down
Barbara
Barbara

PostSubject: Re: 2NE1 INTERVIEWS [& Scans,Caps,Ads]   2NE1 INTERVIEWS [& Scans,Caps,Ads] EmptyTue May 24, 2011 12:55 am

2NE1 INTERVIEWS [& Scans,Caps,Ads] 8zh5l0-12NE1 INTERVIEWS [& Scans,Caps,Ads] 2610v3p
The Joan of Arcs who are forging a new generation.

The 4 member group 2NE1, representatives of Korea’s young generation, is leading the world’s youth culture. Nylonistas at the forefront of the generation, like Mizuhara Kiko (model and actress) and MADEMOISELLE YULIA (DJ) all talk about them. Also, their songs have been played on heavy rotation on Street Kids, who has wide network. Their music style, dubbed the “new hip hop generation,” fuses various genres, such as rock and reggae, with hip hop. 2NE1 is known for their edgy fashion sense and powerful, provocative attitude, as seen in CL and Minzy’s incredible dancing and rapping and Bom and Dara’s beautiful voices. With their brand new style, they broke into the K-Pop world that was overrun by doll-like idols, garnering much attention and picking up awards for Album of the Year, Artist of the Year, Female Group Award, Best Music Video, and Best Digital Single at the 2010 Music Awards held in Asia. And in March, these incredible 4 made their debut in Japan!

“There’s a little anxiety about performing in a country other than Korea for the first time, but before going on stage, we always say, ‘Let’s play!’ I’d like to keep it fun.” Perhaps it’s this easy-going approach that fits in perfectly with today’s generation. How do they stay on top of current trends? Is it because they’re managed by YG Entertainment, the company that also manages the super popular 5 member group BIGBANG, and frequently come in contact with what’s ultramodern?

“BIGBANG definitely helps us out a lot! They’ve made their Japan debut before us. And because of that, we were able to perform as guests on huge stages. We’re very close. Everyone’s really busy, so it’s mainly conversations in the car or while waiting (presumably during various events), but whenever we have time, we’d go grab a bite together or something.”
2NE1 INTERVIEWS [& Scans,Caps,Ads] 2hohg82
An exotic pop style with contrasting borders
From the left, Shirt worn by CL ¥86,100 ($1,052 USD), Skirt ¥73,500 ($898 USD), Fur ¥542,850 ($6,631 USD), Shoes sample item (retail price unavailable), Dress worn by Bom sample item, Top worn by Dara sample item, Skirt ¥73,500 ($898 USD), Shoes sample colors ¥73,500 ($898 USD), Top worn by Minzy ¥120,750 ($1,475 USD), Skirt ¥102,900 ($1,257 USD), Shoes ¥94,500 ($1,154 USD)
Above values are expected MSRP (PRADA / PRADA Japan), all the rest are the stylists’ personal items.

The person behind them is their producer Teddy, who we interviewed in the February special Korea issue of NYLON Japan. It’s been said that he “produces” everything including 2NE1’s new music style, individualized raps and dances for each member, and even the visual direction of the group. “We basically work with everyone, not just Teddy-san. All the staff, like the stylists and the MV director.” "When we get together, it’s not like a formal meeting. We start with small talk, and sometimes we get a lot of ideas about songs and shows from that. Everything just flows naturally.”

It’s common for artists with upcoming releases to be forced to go through training, but that doesn’t seem necessary at all for the 2NE1 crew, who represents the new generation’s ideas. With the support of such a creative staff, the new generation group, 2NE1 has established their image as cool, powerful, and independent women. Is there a hidden message behind all this?

“It’s not like we want to break any molds. I feel like that’s actually the opposite of innovative. I think fashion and other things start tying in naturally as we approach songs and music in our own style. Our main priority is music, so if we’re doing a strong song, the outfits will be strong too. And if we’re doing a softer song, the outfits will be adjusted accordingly. I think it’s just our style, with all that included.” Pursuing their dreams, they enrolled in YG Entertainment’s training school through successful auditions and being scouted and made their debut in a “natural” manner as BIGBANG’s little sister group in 2009. At the time of their debut, there must have been a lot of pressure being labeled as "BIGBANG’s little sister.” They’ve achieved so much up until now, winning various awards and such, and they continue to be successful.

“There might have been times when we felt a lot of pressure during our debut period, but we also gained a lot of attention because people were interested in 'BIGBANG’s little sister." "We took it as good pressure to motivate us to do our best. Plus, we do what we do for the music, the music videos, and performances, not to win awards, so I don’t think that’s changed. I want to remain unchanged and not forget that 'Let’s play!' mentality.”

2NE1 INTERVIEWS [& Scans,Caps,Ads] Ann1ck

What does the members call you?
- Aside from 'CL', "LION". Because they said my haircolor and expressions resembles a lion.

You can speak English, Japanese and French?
- I lived in Japan until i was 11 years old. I studied in an international school.

When were you awaken by singing and dance?
- My father loves music, the 'along with music' environment was very natural. I loved dance that i went to school and learned starting from jazz dance. I've seen myself standing on stage in my dreams many times, that confirmed me that i need to do it.

How did your dream come true?
- I was a big fan of 1TYM's Teddy (currently a producer of 2NE1) that i wanted to join YG and auditioned. It took me 4 years to get in, and after that i trained for 3 years.

We heard that YG raised the four of you as treasured kids.
- I was told before we debuted. It seems like we were planned to be solos. I think the results were great.

What do you do on a day off?
- I in fact, don't go to clubs and shopping. But it seems like everyone thinks i like to party. I like times when i'm at Teddy's studio listening and talking about the songs he made, and when i go to the park for a walk. It's different from my image right?

What kind of person were you when you were a student?
- I was the nerd type, that's all i can think of. I had friends and i was a kid who talks a lot, but still...

Can you tell us something about your recording with WILL.I.AM?
- It was something very new. I think everyone was happy. But because i didn't want myself to end the experience by just being happy, i was helped to draw up the better of myself. I was quite surprised because it was very different from Teddy's method, but we were relieved during the recording because he was there for us. The release of the music from that time is still undecided,but it should be soon. Please wait for it.

2NE1 INTERVIEWS [& Scans,Caps,Ads] 4ujuw1
What song, which artist do you like these days?
- It never changes, Beyonce!

Tell us your music history!
- R&B and HIP HOP. It hasn't changed.

Aside from 2NE1, what are you crazy about?
- To be honest, make up! I like make up more than clothes, enough to even guide 2NE1's make up myself.

What make up do you recommend now?
- The "Bom make up". When we were promoting the song called Fire from our first mini album, i had blue eyeliner on or black around the eyes. That was quite popular then.

Please tell what you want to achieve in 2NE1 after a year, 5 years and 10 years
- First, after one year, to be popular in Japan. In five years, to be famous in Asia. In ten years, maybe by that time i'm not a singer anymore, but my dream is to help someone who is reaching to be a singer in this industry like me.

What made you become a singer?
- I came out in competitions when i was young, but i guess the time when i was in America and one day i thought 'I'll just listen to music, i don't need to eat food!'.

When did you go to America?
- When i was 13 years old. Althought 7-8 years has passed since i returned. I majored psychology.

Please tell what your favorite bag is and what's in it!
- CHANEL bag. My essentials are phone, make up kit and medicine.

What's your favorite type of man?
- someone with a good sense of character.

How would you be like when you like someone?
- the type who changes! I do things that i usually can't do!

Tell us here a secret you can't tell anyone!
- When sleeping, i check the smell of my bed first! (laughs)

2NE1 INTERVIEWS [& Scans,Caps,Ads] Yfei9
01 NYLON: What does everyone call you?
MINJI: Mingkki.

First CD that you bought?
"Milkshake" by Kelis.

The style of music that you listen to?
I've liked dance from the start and so from that, I've tried to listen to various genres. At the moment, I really like English bands and Japanese music. I have also began to like Electro.

Electro artist that you currently like?
Daft Punk, probably.

Any culture or trends that you are currently giving attention to?
Lately, I've been into English bands, the 80's English punk style!

The fashion brand that you like?
GIVENCHY! My bag too is the GIVENCHY Nightingale, I've waited for it to become less expensive. The design is cute!

Things that are necessary inside your bag?
Cellphone, iPad, Givenchy perfume!

Your dream when you were little?
A creative dancer.

You are the grandchild of a very famous dancer in Korea?
From when I was born, my grandmother did not have that much of an influence on me but since becoming a singer, I have received a great amount of advice from her.

A point that you would want to accomplish with 2NE1?
It (my wishes) still hasn't changed at the moment; I would like to go on for a long time with 2NE1. I would like us to remain as the central focus of fashion!

2NE1 INTERVIEWS [& Scans,Caps,Ads] Fc1a9y
NYLON: What is your nickname?
Dara: Mountain rabbit. (laugh) Since I'm called a rabbit too, and the 'San' in my first name means mountain.

It seems like you're quite the mood maker?
I've taken the role of raising up everyone's energy and tension. It's similar to my role of being 2NE1's PR/publicity chief.

The first ever CD or album that you bought?
It was a tape of Seo Taiji & Boys, a dance group that our company president Yang Hyunsuk (YG) was in. I was around 2 years old when I had it. At that time, that type of music was embraced by a lot and as an elementary school kid, I enjoyed that music. The way I dressed, such as my pants and the hat that I'd wear, were influenced by HIPHOP.

At that time when you were little, what kind of music did you listen attentively to?
When I was in middle school, I was into pop. I liked Christina Aguilera, Britney Spears and such but upon entering YG, with the members' influence too, I've started to listen more attentively to hiphop.

The fashion brand that you like?
I like the casual style. Inside my bag are tissues, perfume, hand cream, lip balm and also other things that the members might need.

You are mother-like?
I bring medicines when i go overseas.

What is Dara's ideal date?
It would be a time where it's raining and we've forgotten our umbrella. Then he'll remove his jacket and put it around me. That's my kind of ideal date. (laugh)

The type that you would fall for or change for?
Sometimes, I don't really take notice of the charms of a person. I think that the person that I like will be sweet and kind in his own special way. Ah, it is about charms after all. Even so, there are still a lot of important points!

So your overall type is?
To be honest, I've only had one experience in love and I was still a kid then. I'm thinking, ah maybe I'll get to meet the right one. At the moment, I've become very busy so I don't have that much time to go out. I'd like to meet someone who is a "Hana Yori Dango" type of a guy (a Hanazawa Rui), someone who has a prince-like character, but the members have repeatedly told me "There's no one like that!" (laugh)

Source: May 2011 issue of Nylon Japan
Scans Credit: as tagged, DC2NE1, Bomico, CLbaddestfemale@wordpress.com
Reuploaded by: crazyxcami@YGLadies.com & nyxtime@YGLadies.com
Translated by xgdara, Superior Music, and Jinhae @ygladies.com
Back to top Go down
Barbara
Barbara

PostSubject: Re: 2NE1 INTERVIEWS [& Scans,Caps,Ads]   2NE1 INTERVIEWS [& Scans,Caps,Ads] EmptyFri Jun 03, 2011 9:49 pm

2NE1 INTERVIEWS [& Scans,Caps,Ads] 2ne1lonely_thumb

Q.1 Congratulations! You gained the honor having won Digital Music Award ‘Song of the Month’ for being the most beloved artist this month of May. Can you share your thoughts on this?

[CL] First of all, I truly want to thank everyone for loving 2NE1′s song. We are really happy and surprised because we received so much love by many even though we had no broadcasting activities.

Q.2 Many people might probably already know the song “Lonely”, but please introduce the winning song.

[Dara] “Lonely” is a little different from the other songs that 2NE1 have shown. I think this song shows the distinctive voice of each member. This song consists of an acoustic guitar and string instruments sound only which is slow tempo. This is Teddy’s song and the lyrics say we can feel the loneliness even though there’s a significant other next to us.

Q.3 Lonely has topped with only one broadcast. Are there any frustration because you couldn’t perform unique performance and stage of 2NE1?

[MINZY] I think a performance begins to shine when that performance can prop a song. We thought that ‘Lonely’ could harmonize with the performance which people can immerse more than with a powerful performance. We will show 2NE1′s unique and cool performance through another song.

Q.4 Many of your songs are being loved besides this winning song. Please introduce your favorite song that 2NE1 have shown.

[BOM] It’s very hard to choose only one song because there are episodes with our songs. I’ll choose ‘Lonely’ for we are showing it now. Nowadays we really sing ‘Lonely’ a lot and this line, “Even if I’m with you, I’m so lonely” expresses the loneliness well. It’s a bit cold-hearted don’t you think?

Q.5 We look forward to the next song you are due to show. Please tell us any broadcast plans or album plans.

[DARA] We’ve been very busy since we are preparing our next mini album. We are practicing new songs and performances and waiting to show you that. Please look forward to it!

Q.6 If you have one free day from your busy day, what would you do?

[DARA] I would like to go on a summer vacation because it is getting hot! I want to go on a preparatory summer vacation. Maybe in the summertime. Our first solo concert is scheduled in the summer! And we have to present our mini album with songs fitting for the summer so we might be busier than before.

Q. 7 And lastly, please say something to the cyworld fans out there ^^

[CL]
We are always happy because we have you who love our music! We’re preparing to get close to you again with better music, album, and our concert. I ask for your continued love. Thank you!

Source: http://music.cyworld.com/chart/chart_dma_interview.asp?award_date=201105&type=S

Translation: DCidiot@CLTheBaddestFemale.com
Back to top Go down
Barbara
Barbara

PostSubject: Re: 2NE1 INTERVIEWS [& Scans,Caps,Ads]   2NE1 INTERVIEWS [& Scans,Caps,Ads] EmptyThu Jun 09, 2011 7:51 am

2NE1 INTERVIEWS [& Scans,Caps,Ads] 2NE1_thepartyPC-04
MANILA, Philippines – Hours before they brought the house down during their concert at the Araneta Coliseum on June 4, 2NE1 members Sandara Park, Park Bom, CL and Minzy met with the press at the Hotel InterContinental Manila and talked about their career, their Filipino fans, food and even their favorite Korean idols.

2NE1 arrived in the country last June 3 and CL, who is also fluent in English, said they were happy to see fans waiting for them at the airport.
Spoiler:

2NE1 INTERVIEWS [& Scans,Caps,Ads] Ne_4
MANILA, Philippines — Members of the local media peaked to almost a hundred at Hotel Intercon for 2NE1’s press conference prior to the group’s Araneta concert, Saturday. Only four members of the local press were allowed a one-on-one interview.
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Marialena94
♥♥♥♥♥
Marialena94

PostSubject: Re: 2NE1 INTERVIEWS [& Scans,Caps,Ads]   2NE1 INTERVIEWS [& Scans,Caps,Ads] EmptyWed Aug 03, 2011 2:44 pm

Quote :
"Our aim is to be aimless"
2NE1 INTERVIEWS [& Scans,Caps,Ads] 201108030001381

2NE1 is an interesting girl group. Just one month after they've shouted out 'I am the Best, even in my opinion, I'm kind of amazing, even if you were me, you'd be jealous of this body' (from 'I am the Best') , now they're singing, 'I'm not pretty, I'm not beautiful' (in 'Ugly'). 2NE1 is also a surprising group. Before the official release of their mini album, they released all the songs in intervals of 3 weeks, each time scoring first place on music charts. It has been 2 years and 2 months since their debut, but nevertheless, these girls' activities are always unforeseeable. At the press conference that took place on the 1st, 2NE1 responded to the questions of reporters in regards to their plans for the future, such as 'What kind of aim does 2NE1 have with the music that they pursue?', 'What is the bigger picture that 2NE1 is slowly painting?'. 2NE1 responded like this, "We don't know yet. Our aim is to be aimless." In an industry filled with cute, pretty and innocent girls, 2NE1 calls themselves the 'Playful Unnis'. They said uniformly, "I am the Best when I am on stage". We were able to hear from the girls themselves where this confidence come from.

Q. Your second mini album just came out, how do you feel? The songs have come out in the form of digital singles, however now they've come out in a single, completed album.

CL: It wasn't the situation in which we had made all the songs into a complete package, and then went on to release each song one by one, we had actually made each song slowly and then released it. 'Hate You' and 'Don't Stop the Music' were songs that were completed last year, however the remaining songs were each made as a demo at the beginning of this year, and then completed slowly one by one. Now that it's all combined into one album, it feels like everything's settled.

"We are the type to give our opinion about every aspect."

Q. Starting with Park Bom's solo song, 'Don't Cry' back in April, you released a new song one at a time every 3 weeks, and each time they would score first place. What was it like seeing this happen before the official drop of your album?

CL: First of all, since every single song was able to see the light of day, I was happy. Every song had a music video, and each time we wanted to surprise viewers with a different atmosphere, and so we focused our attention a lot on it. Especially for the 'I am the Best' music video, we hoped that many people would enjoy watching it, and so we came up with several ideas, and changed outfits several times as well. We also invested a lot of energy into our performances, and we would stay up all night creating our choreography. Because of that, I think that the quality of each song was heightened.

Sandara Park: Although it was slightly burdensome too, the one thing that I really enjoyed was the fact that the atmosphere for each song was different. It was fun when we spent time preparing for songs, thinking, "This time, I have to show this side of myself".

Gong Minji: Every time we release a new song, people would give us endless attention and so we thought to ourselves, "Wow we're really receiving a lot of love, we must continue to work harder."

Q. From personally directing the 'Ugly' stage, it seems like you were able to take part in a lot of the preparations for this album.

CL: Truthfully, we're the type to give our opinions about ever aspect. We took part in the choreography from the very beginning for 'I am the Best' and 'Ugly', and before Teddy-oppa had began composing 'Ugly', we talked and brainstormed together about what kind of message we wanted to convey. He asked us questions like "When do you guys feel unconfident? At those times, what do you feel like? What do you do when you're lonely?", and he drew inspiration from there to write the lyrics. Since we're originally very close to Teddy, we were able to answer him honestly.

Q. When are some times when you really feel unconfident?

Sandara Park: I can say that those times are kind of unusual. I frequently wear boyish clothing or have my hair in a weird hairstyle on stage. So sometimes when I wear girly clothing, it strangely makes me lose my confidence.

Gong Minji: I'm always trying to develop myself, however when it doesn't go the way I want it to, I lose a lot of my confidence.

CL: For me, rather than losing confidence, I sometimes fall into a slump.

Q. Has there been a period of time recently in which you fell into a slump?

CL: Between the time of our full length album and our mini album this year, I had a small vacation this year starting from January, and it was really tough for me at that time. We've kept on going since the moment we debuted, and then suddenly our work had stopped and they gave me free time. It felt harder to live as Chaerin instead of CL. I thought, I want to resume work again quickly, but at the same time, I want to give some attention to the person named Chaerin inside of me, and to give her some time off too.

"It was really hard for us to portray unconfident appearances on stage."

Q. 'Ugly' is a song that aims for band-style music, however the members are unable to play instruments on stage. It seems like you must have been troubled over it when you felt that on stage.

CL: We were also really upset that we couldn't have a live band on stage with us. There are some programs in which they allow for that, but it's hard to do it on the programs in which we regularly appear on. We worked hard to convey ourselves through the best choreography and outfits and motions. At the concert, though, we will be able to present it partially with a live band.

Q. Like the chorus in 'Ugly', CL's importance in terms of vocals seems to have risen for this album.

CL: When the demo for 'Ugly' first came out, the chorus was the most complete. At that time, I had went to go help out with the production of the demo, and when we first recorded it, my voice fit well with it, and so it was put into the album like that.

Q. Sandara Park's outfits and hats for 'Ugly' are very boyish. A while ago, you said that when you wear feminine clothing, you lose confidence, but are there still some times in which you wish you could try wearing some feminine styles?

Sandara Park: Strangely, I really don't have the desire to do anything like that. Truthfully, I had dressed up girly on my own once, but the fans left replies like OMG! They were quite confused. Haha. It seems like I can't be girly anymore.

Q. What do you personally think was the most feminine time for you?

Sandara Park: I was quite feminine for the 'I Don't Care' stage, and this time in 'I am the Best', I had attached silver bangs to my hair and wore a skirt too. The day before the performance, I thought I looked very feminine and believed that the fans would like it, but it wasn't so.

Park Bom: That wasn't feminine… (laughs)
Sandara Park: Ah is that so? Ha ha ha

Q. Something that's kind of interesting, is that you have 'Ugly', a song that tells the story of females with a complex about their outer appearance, and 'I am the Best' on the same album. What was it like to record these two complete opposite songs and sing them son stage?

CL: I think that most people have experienced both aspects. There'll be times when you feel really confident, and conversely, times when you have no confidence at all, and everyone has felt lonely before. However for us, we always have to display ourselves with a confident demeanour. It was really hard for us to portray an unconfident appearance or the lonely side of us."

Q. As a result, it seems like you have to work hard on your facial expressions during your own parts rather than showing unique choreography.

CL: 'Ugly' doesn't really have much choreography. There are more parts in which we're just standing and singing. We haven't tried practicing expressions on our own. We work hard to make expressions depending on how we truthfully feel we need to portray our part of the lyrics.

"No-dating clause shortened from 5 years to 3 years."

Q. Last week, the broadcast of Mnet < 2NE1 TV LIVE : WORLDWIDE > began. 2NE1 has almost never appeared on any variety program, however this program is already on it's 3rd season.

CL: When people ask me what is the thing I'm the least confident in I would reply variety programs. It's really hard to talk. And I lose all my confidence too. Instead, we try to show our true selves and our daily lives through < 2NE1 TV LIVE : WORLDWIDE >. We started filming it since back when we debuted, so we can't tell anymore where the camera is or what we're saying.

Q. When you were filming season one, your goal was to spread the name 2NE1, however now that it's been over two years since your debut, what are your hopes to do with this filming?

CL: From the very beginning, there was no concept. It was just our daily lives. We would film our selves, and if there was anything interesting, it would be broadcasted.

Sandara Park: There were times when the PD would film us too but we feel more comfortable filming each other. It's not only our daily lives, but it also shows the song-making process of several of our songs including Ugly. I'm also excited for this week's broadcast. You must watch it live. (Laughs)

Q. Sandara Park has been learning the guitar these days, have you succeeded at the F chord?
Sandara Park: I'm really close to succeeding. If I succeed at it sooner or later, the first thing that I want to perform is 'I Don't Care'. Because of this one chord, I can't do the song.

Q. When you debuted, Yang Hyunsuk laid down a clause of no dating for 5 years. How much is left now?

CL: The unnis' clause was reduced to 3 years.
Park Bom: I have one year left now.
Sandara Park: No, since it's May of next year, we have less than one year left now.

Q. So what's going to happen next year in May (Laughs)
Sandara Park: Actually, even if he lets us date, I have to have a guy first… that's the problem.
Park Bom: And we don't know for sure whether he's going to let us do it at that time either.

"We intend to show everyone what we've already done, whether it's in Japan or in Korea."

Q. A while ago, Park Bom had done a featuring for G-Dragon and Park Myungsoo's song, 'I went wild' for the MBC 'West Coast Line Highway Music Festival'. How was it like singing on a stage for a variety program instead of a broadcast?

Park Bom: It felt the same as when I had featured in the past. I didn't record my vocals on the same day as Park Myungsoo but he was very funny during our rehearsal and treated me kindly. I'm really excited since he'll be coming to our concert as a guest.

Q. How do you feel when you making a featuring regularly? Is it different from when you're on stage with the 2NE1 members?

Park Bom: It feels a bit different. When I do a featuring, it's mainly singing, and so I put more effort into that part. However with 2NE1, it feels like I'm just having fun. It feels like I'm comfortably playing around?

Q. < 2NE1 TV LIVE : WORLDWIDE > is broadcasted in several countries such as the US, Australia, Thailand and Vietnam at the same time. The number of foreign fans who are interested in 2NE1's music and daily lives have increased. What do you think the reason for that is?

CL: Teddy-oppa always says this. 'Rather than thinking of 'Where is this for? Who is this for?' it's better to widen your view, and make songs that absolutely anyone can relate to.' I think it's because our music, and our songs are good.

Q. Your official Japanese debut is coming up, are the preparations going well?

CL: Before we debuted, we have all studied Japanese before. We had originally planned on making our debut in March, however due to an unfortunate event in Japan, it was postponed till September. Truthfully, in March, we felt a bit troubled and anxious. At the time, we hadn't even showed our musical colours properly in Korea, and I wondered, are we advancing too fast into Japan? However this time, since we'll be going after the release of our mini album, in terms of our determination, and most aspects, I feel that we are now ready for sure. Rather than hoping to do something new and different in Japan, we are planning on presenting the things that we have already done in Korea up to this point.

Q. When is your Japanese single coming out?

CL: The Japanese version of 'I am the Best' has already come out as a digital single. We are planning on releasing a mini album after our concerts in September. Just like we did in Korea, we are planning on releasing each song one by one as a digital single in Japan, and so rather than choosing just one song as our title song, we are planning to present each of our songs equally.

"At the concert, we plan on presenting a variety of things from classical music to DJing"

Q. You'll be having your first concert from August 26th to 28th in Korea, and starting in September in Japan. In both locations, there was such hot response that you added an additional concert.

CL: Since we wanted the concert to be unique in itself, we ended up wanting to do a lot for it. We've been holding a lot of practices and meetings. Because people are coming to see us, coming to listen to our music, and coming to have fun and sweat along with us, we're preparing a concert in which all of that will be possible. In terms of music, we'll be showing a variety of things from classical to DJing, and we're planning on something special for each song. We're designing it so that from the moment it starts, till the very end, the audience won't be bored.

10. From the moment 2NE1 debuted, you have received a lot of attention, and as time passed, you are now making your Japanese debut, and working with Will.I.Am. Your horizon is really expanding. If you think about how far you've come, what was the last two years and two months for you as a 2NE1 member?

CL: After one year passed from our debut, I realized that time really does fly. After I started feeling like, I'll never again be able to return to this moment right now, I started thinking, I have to put my full effort into every single moment and remember this. Later when I looked back, because these past two years and two months were apart of my life, it seems like I'm going to remember this as a moment in time full of memories. Just like these two years and two months passed so quickly, in the future, 2 years or even 20 years could pass like this just in a moment, and so I'm worried about how I'm going to fill that time more.

Gong Minji: Since we were doing so many things during this time, I can't remember everything perfectly, but it seems like we've received a lot of love and interest. Personally, I hope that one day 2NE1 will be able to receive love from around the world.

Park Bom: It seems I've led a very busy life. I've really been so focused on my singing and dancing that I've thought about just pitching up a tent to sleep in at the YG building when I was a trainee. It was fun for me. (Laughs)

Sandara Park: It really feels like it passed in just a moment. I already miss that time of my life. It felt like both a short and long amount of time, but I hope to spend more time together in the future than what have gone through so far. Aigoo, I'm not good at talking about serious things. (Laughs)

Q. What kind of music do you hope to do in the future?

CL: We pursue music without a particular aim. I like how we aren't painting a bigger picture, but instead every time we are painting on a new canvas. I like putting my best effort into as I go on and just living day by day. If you were to ask me about my greatest goal, it's to enjoy ourselves until the very last day which we want to do the music we love.

Q. This is the last question. When do you feel like 'you are the best'?
Park Bom: For me it's when I sing. That's when I feel the most confident.

Gong Minji: For me it's when I'm dancing my solo part. There has never been a time when I dance without feeling, 'I am the Best'.

CL: I actually say something like that to myself before I go on stage. I do it the best, I am the best. I say it like that. If I don't feel like that myself, I believe that those that watch and listen to me will be unable to feel that s well.

Sandara Park: Everyone is probably the same, but I find that it's easy to feel that way when I'm on stage. While listening to the cheers of fans, your body tingles. During those 3 moments, I feel like 'I am the Best'.

Source: http://news.nate.com/view/20110803n04839

Quote :

2NE1: "WE ARE THE BEST WHEN WE PLAY ON STAGE"

2NE1 is one of the few groups that are establishing an independent position for themselves within the idol world. Although they may not have chiseled bodies and stick-thin legs, their unique music and fashion have led to their great popularity, both within Korea and overseas. Recently, all of the songs on their second mini album became hits, once again shocking the idol world. In September, they will also be making their debut in Japan. On the 1st, we met with the four members, CL (20), Park Bom (27), Sandara Park (27) and Gong Minji (17) at the YG Entertainment building.

> Starting with your digital single released back in April, Lonely, and ‘I am the Best’, and even now up till your newest song, ‘Ugly’, all of the songs on your mini album have swept away and placed first on various music charts.

CL: Normally, people will only remember the title song, and a lot of the songs on the albums never reach their full potential. We wanted all of our songs to shine. Every 3 weeks, we worked our hardest to reveal one new song at a time, along with a new music video, new choreography and new outfits. It’s also interesting how there was no relationship between all five of the songs.

> Although a while ago you were just screaming out ‘I am the Best’, now you’re singing about the pain you receive due to your unattractive appearances in Ugly. For 2NE1, which aspect can you relate to more?

CL: We can relate to both sides. When we’re on stage, we always have to have the attitude that ‘We are the Best’. However all females have felt unconfident at least once in their lives.

Sandara Park: I can also have a complex sometimes, but also sad at other times. The lyrics of ‘Ugly’ aren’t limited to ones’ outer appearances, it can also mean one’s inner wounds too.

> Your Japanese debut is coming out in September. Fans in London requested a performance and even had a flash mob. What do you think is the secret to captivating foreign fans?

CL: First of all, isn’t it mainly because our music is good? (laughs). Our choreography and outfits are all selected to express our music well, and that is how we make up our performances as well. One reason may also be because there is a lot of English in our lyrics. We are planning on changing only our lyrics into Japanese for our Japanese debut.

> There’s a scene in the music video where you are playing the drums. You have a song where they use the sound of a Janggu drum as well, do you have a lot of interest in traditional Korean music?

Gong Minji: Personally, because of my grandmother (Gong Okjin, who is famous for her ‘hunchbacked dance’) I have a lot of interest in it. In our previous album we had choreographed our dances with a foreign choreographer, however this time we personally choreographed the dances according to the way we wanted to express ourselves on stage.

CL: Since many fans are watching from overseas, we work hard to mix in traditional Korean music with popular music. However it’s a lot more interesting than I thought.

> You’ll be hosting your first ever concert after your debut at the Olympic Hall in the Seoul Olympic Park on August 26th~28th.

Sandara Park: We’re going to be showing a variety of live performances ranging from band music to electronica. For my solo performance, I’ve been practicing acoustic guitar for a total of 3 months now.

> You seem to be quite powerful during your performances, but when it comes to talking, you seem to be quite shy. What is Minji’s opinion of the other members’ personalities?

Gong Minji: We’re all opposite. (San)Dara unni has a very cute and pretty outer appearance, but the clothes that she wears are very hip-hop style. While she’s very charismatic, she’ll sometimes use very over-exaggerated expressions (laughs). CL unni is like a lion on stage but she uses a lot of aegyo. Different from Bom unni’s emotional vocals, she has a very outrageous charm.

Park Bom: Minji is still young but she’s really mature to the extent that sometimes I think of her as mother-like . She takes good care of Dara and me.

The 2NE1 members shout out loudly, ‘Nolja! (Let’s Play!)’ every time before they get on stage. hey said that their musical style cannot be expressed by a single word or defined by a single rule. Where will the limit be for these girls?

Source: http://news.nate.com/view/20110803n01203

Quote :

Even if our bodies our tired, our hearts are content.

2NE1 has changed. Just a while ago, the girls who were shouting, “I am the Best” while dominating the stage are now hiding behind their backup dancers and stating “I’m not pretty”. These girls are just like chameleons, revealing a new song each week while pursuing ever-changing promotions.

YG Entertainment representatives stated, “In order to always show a new side of them, whenever the members don’t have any schedules in particular, they gather at the practice room to sing and dance”. At the end of their excruciating effort is the birth of powerful music and performances developed so spectacularly that they captivate fans from as far as Europe and Central America.

From ‘Lonely’, and ‘I am the Best’ to ‘Ugly’ which was just released a few days earlier, the 5 songs released by 2NE1 were all released in time intervals of 3 weeks, and were combined together to form their second mini album. We were able to meet with the four members, CL, Bom, Dara and Minji on the 1st at the YG Entertainment building, who have just began embarking on their official promotions with the release of Ugly.

“I’m happy that none of the album songs were buried under the others. I poured all of my energy into all five songs, thinking that each one would be a representative song. It was a lot harder than I imagined, but we thought that each song was too good to only be heard by us, so I was happy that we could let fans hear them all.” (CL)

“Our new song, Ugly, is a song for females who have lost their confidence. I want to say that it’s a song that absolutely anyone can relate to.” (Bom)

Every time they release a song that they’ve devoted themselves to, there was a huge ‘commotion’ on music charts. Naturally, they top all the charts, however the views on their music videos are also explosive. Even when special songs from ‘Infinity Challenge’ and ‘I am a Singer’ are sweeping the charts, these girls’ songs still stand strong.

When asking the girls about the secret to their skyrocketing popularity, they answered in chorus, “Isn’t it because our music is good?”.

“Choreography and outfits are simply tools that are expressed through music. We are also artists that convey music. We haven’t had any problems that were as important as music is to an artist.” (CL)

These girls were noticed for their different appearances from existing girl groups. Throughout the interview, the girls were not so focused on thick makeup and drastic fashion, but instead focused only on their music.

“The creator of our songs is Teddy, however there has never been a time that we did not take part in the music-making process. Even when the lyrics are being written, they reflect our opinions.” (Bom)

2NE1 will be hosting their first solo concert on August 26th~28th. They’ve coined the slogan, ‘NOLZA’, and are planning to have a blast with the fans. “We’re going to have a concert with events constantly popping up. You’ll be able to see a new side of 2NE1 that you have been unable to experience from our albums or on broadcasts.” (CL)

In order to present unique events, Dara had started learning the acoustic guitar since this May. Bom hinted about preparing for a stage in which a 2NE1 song is combined with classical music. CL and Minji are planning to do a joint stage.

However ‘playing on stage’ is not an easy task. The cost that one has to give up in order to play once is quite sizeable. “Some people say that to enjoy yourself, you have to be at ease, but it means that if you want to be at ease, you have to practice to death.” (CL)

On stage, 2NE1 appears to be strong and powerful just like wild lions, however off the stage, the members speak very calm and orderly, and are quite shy. Even when these girls are given free time, they don’t spend their time outside playing. Their days spent at the practice studio are not few.

“Even if our bodies our tired, our hearts are content. We think to ourselves, “We really like this work”. (Dara)

Source: http://news.nate.com/view/20110803n01909

Quote :

2NE1, “Even though my tattoo was drawn on with a name pen, it wouldn’t come off well” Nate Interview!

2NE1 is a figure much like a soda-pop in the music industry. In 2009, four people with four distinct personalities united and instilled the music industry with a fresh energy. They appealed to fans with their unique personalities which was occupied at the time by flowery girl groups, and they are now amongst the most popular of idols, in Japan, and even Europe.

All five songs in their second mini album released on the 28th were All-Kills. They have also already began their Japanese promotions officially, and their collaboration with the maestro of the hip hop scene, Will.I.Am is going smoothly.

2NE1 stated with ease, “There has never been a time when we have worn flowery one pieces for broadcasts. We’re going to show everyone music that is differentiated from other girl groups by our unique personalities”.

- All your songs are title songs.

“Truthfully, while making our first album, we felt that we were lacking in the number of songs we had and so we released a mini album. Although the number of songs were still few, the quality of each of the songs were good enough to be deemed the title song. It’s an album that we are personally satisfied with. The overall style of the songs are different. It seems like we’ll be able to show a variety of 2NE1’s different sides.” (Sandara Park)

- Recently, the response for ‘Ugly’ has been hot.

“It’s a song made by Teddy oppa with a very strong rock feeling. I have a hope that the content of the lyrics will convey the message better than the performance. It speaks of the loneliness and nervousness that everyone has felt at least once. There are many times when I feel lonely. When I finish a performance and come off the stage, I always have an empty feeling.” (CL)

- It’s almost been a year since you’ve had Korean activities.

“Our breaks were long. Even while producing songs, we’ve had time to recharge. While starving us from promotions, it makes us more content when we appear on broadcasts. When we’re given free time suddenly, we didn’t know what to do. It was the most leisurely lifestyle we had after our debut, however I wanted to enter back into promotions quickly.” (CL)

- What did you do during your break?

“We all went on vacation for 1 month. I visited France. My father held an exhibition too, but I wanted to be free more than anything. However I was surprised that people could recognize me on the streets. Sometimes, people would look at me and tilt their head, then suddenly recognize me and rush towards me. There were also students who had 2NE1 stickers on their bags. One time I went into a store and Can’t Nobody was playing, and I was really happy.” (CL)

- What’s an interesting story while producing this album?

“We always film our music videos in Namyangju. Since we film for one week, we have to live in a motel. We’ve actually gone so frequently that we’ve even got a favourite motel. Is this not something a girl group should say… ha ha ha.” (Gong Minji)

- Every album, you attempt to transform yourselves.

“We feel burdend to show a new side of ourselves always. Teddy oppa isn’t the type to simply produce one type of genre. We work hard so that we can express various types of music from rock music to hip hop.” (Park Bom)

- Your tattoos became a topic.

“Lonely was a very soothing song, however I wanted to come off strongly in terms of visuals, and in the end I decided on having a tattoo. It was drawn on with a name-pen but it was troublesome because it wouldn’t come off for a couple of days. I was worried that when I went to Japan, I would get caught by the security device because of my tattoo.” (Gong Minji)

- We’re curious about your Japanese activities.

“At the beginning of this year, we had made our entry into the Japanese market, however because of the earthquake, we had to cut our promotions off early. Since it is Japan, we have no intention of showing a new side of us. We are planning on entering Japan with the same promotions we did in Korea. I was happy when Jeremy Scott sang along in Korean to ‘I am the Best’. We want to form a bond with Japanese youth coming from a Korean perspective.” (CL)

- Did you study a lot of Japanese?

“The others have studied it before our debut, and CL had lived 7 years in Japan. I’m far behind, but every time I open my book, I become really sleepy. I’m still far behind.” (Sandara Park)

- You are already new Hallyu stars.

“Since our language and appearances are different, it may be hard to relate to us, but it’s interesting how there is so much interest in our music and videos. When I go on Youtube, I see many covers of our songs, and they even copy our expressions, it really shocks me. Once, Will.I.Am had a concert in Brazil and one fan actually was holding a lightstick with our name on it. Sometimes when we have open broadcasts, I’ve seen fans wearing Hijabs.” (CL)

- Where do you think you lack?

“I think that I really lack in terms of doing variety programs. The members are all not very good at speaking. We can talk about serious things, but it’s tough for us when we have to make people laugh. It’s like our faces cramp up.” (Sandara Park)

“My personality was originally much like an otaku (T/N: very introverted). When there’s a get together, I just stay quietly in a corner. I’m not good at matching my emotions to the occasion.” (Park Bom)

- Do you think ‘I am the Best’ amongst several girl groups?

“Nope. We simply think, “We’re doing different music from other groups.” Of course music can never be the same, we think that personality is important, and we always attempt to challenge ourselves at different music.” (CL)

-You’ll be having your first concert after your debut, ‘Nolza’

“From the moment we debuted, it was a goal of ours to have a concert. I want to have a concert where we can run around and play with the audience. ‘Nolja’, the title of our concert, is also what we shout out before we go on stage instead of ‘fighting’. For the concert, it can also mean ‘Come to play with us’.” (Gong Minji)

- What’s a method of relieving tension before your performances?

“I look at myself in the mirror and say, “I am Beyonce”. After that I feel confident.” (Park Bom)

“My hairstyles are a source of confidence for me. I point my hair up into a Vegeta hairstyle and I slant my eyes upwards because I want to come off strongly.” (Sandara Park).

Source: http://news.nate.com/view/20110803n05071
Back to top Go down
Marialena94
♥♥♥♥♥
Marialena94

PostSubject: Kpop featuring in a german teen magazine   2NE1 INTERVIEWS [& Scans,Caps,Ads] EmptyWed Aug 17, 2011 10:16 am

2NE1 INTERVIEWS [& Scans,Caps,Ads] Tumblr_lq33gbrMzS1r0rmd0

[JYJ]
Singing smooth cuddle songs: Junsu, Yoochun and Jaejoong.
Superstars reloaded
Because they were weary of their old band TVXQ (iconic kpop group, founded in 2003), Junsu, Yoochun and Jaejoong formed JYJ (which stand for their first names). Their first album ‘The Beginning’ was a big hit in South Korea and Japan in 2010. A fangirl commented on the web: ‘They sing like dark angels from another world!’ They’re currently preparing a tour which is rumored to include dates in Germany!
[Big Bang]
Cool k-rappers: D-Lite, G-Dragon, Sol, V.I. and T.O.P.
Cool hip-hop crew
The boys from Big Bang are true allrounders: they dance, they sing, they rap and beatbox. The band was formed in 2006, has already released many albums (including ‘BIGBANG Vol.1 or ‘Remember’) and is super popular in their country. This band is one of the few kpop bands that has become big in japan with their club suitable rap tracks (they also write lyrics in english). Now europe is waiting for them !
[2NE1]
Girlpower from korea: CL, Sandara, Minzy and Bom are currently the most successful kpop group.
Bitchy Warriors
These girls are currently koreas hottest group- their songs are climbing the top in korea, their styling is iconic: Sometimes 2NE1 are styled (say to anyone) like sexy bitches, sometimes like crazy warriors in military looks! Their debut album ‘To Anyone’ (2010) includes dance hits like ‘Go Away’, cool hip hop and r&b tracks. Recently Will.I.Am began to work with them as their producer. They are preparing to debut in the USA.

thanks for the tip lykkeke.tumblr.com
(Source: lykkeke)
Back to top Go down
Marialena94
♥♥♥♥♥
Marialena94

PostSubject: 2NE1 about Music Station    2NE1 INTERVIEWS [& Scans,Caps,Ads] EmptySun Sep 04, 2011 12:32 am

2NE1 INTERVIEWS [& Scans,Caps,Ads] Img60_10

2NE1 INTERVIEWS [& Scans,Caps,Ads] Tumblr112NE1 INTERVIEWS [& Scans,Caps,Ads] Tumblr122NE1 INTERVIEWS [& Scans,Caps,Ads] Tumblr132NE1 INTERVIEWS [& Scans,Caps,Ads] Tumblr14
Back to top Go down
Marialena94
♥♥♥♥♥
Marialena94

PostSubject: 2NE1 on a Japanese magazine, Women Weekly (September Issue)   2NE1 INTERVIEWS [& Scans,Caps,Ads] EmptyWed Sep 07, 2011 10:55 pm

Quote :
2NE1 INTERVIEWS [& Scans,Caps,Ads] G27fd

2NE1 INTERVIEWS [& Scans,Caps,Ads] Jf2hb

K-POP girl groups KARA and Girls Generation are popular in Japan and now it’s 2NE1′s turn. 2NE1just came in Japan. They are labelmates (YG Entertainment) with BIGBANG. Although they haven’t promoted in Japan, they already have a lot of fans. Starting on the 19th of September, they will have their 「1st JAPAN TOUR “NOLZA IN JAPAN”」 then on 21st, ytey will release their debut mini album. You should check out this unique girl group, the cool and cute 2NE1.

(Scans by: BOBYCON
Translated by: Yellow@WeLoveBom)
Back to top Go down
Marialena94
♥♥♥♥♥
Marialena94

PostSubject: 2NE1 on Kan Fun (Japanese Newspaper)   2NE1 INTERVIEWS [& Scans,Caps,Ads] EmptySat Sep 17, 2011 10:08 am

Quote :
2NE1 INTERVIEWS [& Scans,Caps,Ads] U_m-e1315973945438
2NE1 INTERVIEWS [& Scans,Caps,Ads] 6_m-e1315973928269

Minzy on CL, “CL is a like a lion that freely flies and plays on stage. Her charisma is overflowing and she is very cool.”

CL on Bom, “All members think that playing freely on stage is our charm. She is a very funny person but on stage she completely changes. She sings wonderfully.”

Bom on Dara, “Dara is the one who changes mostly when on stage. Her expressions and movements are filled with charisma which becomes very attractive. She likes wearing hiphop style outfits on stage although she has a delicate-looking body and pretty face. She also likes surprising hairstyles.”

Dara on Minzy, “Minzy is very powerful and energetic on stage. She is obedient doing something when told just once, ‘Please do this.’ She is a cool person with overflowing talents. She becomes a whole new person when she’s dancing. Minzy is still young but when she steps on stage, she inadvertently becomes cool.”

Thank you so much BOMcorn21 for the scans and translations!
Back to top Go down
Barbara
Barbara

PostSubject: [110929][INTERVIEW] 2NE1 Interview with CHOA Magazine   2NE1 INTERVIEWS [& Scans,Caps,Ads] EmptyThu Sep 29, 2011 3:27 am

2NE1 INTERVIEWS [& Scans,Caps,Ads] 408592230

2NE1, the girl group whom caused great impact among ladies of the younger generation in South Korea has finally made their debut in Japan on September 21st. 2NE1, are also known as the female version of Big Bang. The reason behind the uniqueness of their music is the mixture of two genres, Hip-hop and R&B in their songs which gave a fresh vibe to the listeners.
Also, their songs topped the charts in first placing. Together with the stylish fashion and makeup, they’re the role model among young ladies to imitate from.

During their Japan debut, we did an interview with them about their inner thoughts and also doing self introduction:

[Finally, After a long wait, they’ve finally made their debut in Japan]

[CL] Actually, I lived in Japan for 7 years during my childhood. That’s the reason why I feel familiar with Japan, it always feels like I’m home. At the same time, we felt really excited to meet with our Japan fans as soon as possible. All four of us have prepared and practiced a lot since April as we want to come to meet everyone fast.

[Their initial plans were to debut during spring this year. Unfortunately, when they were here in March, most parts in Tokyo and Eastern part of Japan suffered from the serious earthquake leading to a delay in their debut.]

[CL]
When the earthquake occurred, we were preparing for our television broadcast performance. I couldn’t recall how the situation at that time was but I remembered clearly that I felt really afraid. So we’ve decided to temporarily leave Japan. But still, we were worried for the people affected and injured in Japan.

[BOM] In the past, when I was still staying in America, there was once when I encountered an earthquake. But this is my first encounter with such a strong one.

[DARA] When I was in the Philippines, I’ve also encountered earthquakes. But those earthquakes were not as scary as Japan’s. When the earthquake occurred, I was too afraid, to the extend that I felt sicked. But I really hope to come to Japan again as I’m really worried about the fans who were waiting for us in Japan.

[MINZY]
This is my first encounter with an earthquake. When it occurred, I felt confusion mentally. But when I think of all the fans in Japan who like our music, this method really helped to calm myself down and gradually recover from it.

[In order to make a change to the atmosphere, we requested for each member to introduce another member to CHOA Magazine]

[BOM] Minzy’s a child with deep thoughts. To me, although she’s the youngest, but she’s like a friend of the same age or even acts like a mother sometimes. Her nickname is “Minzy-unnie/Older Sister Minzy”. Haha!

[MINZY] CL shows the strong side of her when she’s on stage. But the rest of the time, she’s a person who’s really sweet and has a lot of ideas. When it comes to taking care of others, she’s the best at it. She’s just like the good sister next door.

[CL] Dara is someone who doesn't easily open up herself to others. But when you get to know her better, she’ll become really gentle and loving. She’s really considerate, although from the start, she didn’t like this point about herself, but she’s still really sweet. She is the one who creates the atmosphere in the group. She makes everyone feel really happy.

[BOM]
Yes yes. In the past, she communicated with us through email oftenly because she was too shy. (Everyone burst out into laughter)

[DARA] 90% of our fans are female. However, male fans also existed because of Bom’s sweet vocals and her “A-type” of legs. She is our trump card, haha, when she’s with us, we’ll never get bored. In a century, there’d only be one person with a personality like her.

cr:ygladies
Source: CHOA Magazine
Translations by: leevo & soh0712@YGLadies
Back to top Go down
Barbara
Barbara

PostSubject: Re: 2NE1 INTERVIEWS [& Scans,Caps,Ads]   2NE1 INTERVIEWS [& Scans,Caps,Ads] EmptyFri Sep 30, 2011 1:34 am

2NE1 INTERVIEWS [& Scans,Caps,Ads] 317002_259725584068080_145838242123482_769976_2144464408_n
2NE1 INTERVIEWS [& Scans,Caps,Ads] Sc3a5c3b6tc2a3c692-412NE1 INTERVIEWS [& Scans,Caps,Ads] Sc3a5c3b6tc2a3c692-12
Quote :

Self- Introduction
Here is a totally unique self-introduction!
Teach us the area where you feel that “I AM THE BEST”!!
CL: Above, on the stage.
When I’m on stage, doesn’t it seem that I just let lose everything?
I am the most confident when I am performing, and I think that I am the person who takes care of that specially.
That comes out as the part 「I AM THE BEST」 in, but normally, Chae-Rin is different from that personality. I’m usually quite shy, so CL is a totally different persona from Chae-Rin. When I stand on stage, it’s as if I totally shed that personality and immediately become CL.
DARA: Hairstyles
I think what makes me unique and makes me stand out is my hairstyles. 「Do you want a change in your hairstyle?」 I was asked that, so I decided to gather photos and see what hairstyles I’ve done, and I realized that I’ve only changed styles a little, and I think it’s something that I think I can pull off well.
To be honest, I was embarrassed about it at first. However I thought that instead of thinking about myself, it should be the thoughts on improvement and what I can give to the group. So that became my challenge and that’s where my confidence comes from when I wear them.
MINZY: A Character Who Looks Like A Boy
My “I AM THE BEST” area is that I think I can pull off looking like a boy.
I think it’s cool that I can freely look androgynous.
Although sometimes, when there’s a girls get together, it can be a sticky moment. And I didn’t like being put in that situation.
That’s why when I was a kid, I had a lot of friends who were boys and I could act well with them, there were also a lot of girls like me who have the same characteristics (T/N: meaning who were also friends with boys).
In fact, one of my hobbies is collecting Gundam figures. I have the figures of several characters already.
BOM: The gap between appearances and content
I think there’s apparently a big gap between appearances and reality. South Korea’s Office of the President said 「It’s only recently that I knew your personality」 is something that should not happen to some degree. It may seem a bit strange, but it’s a big part already. Because of the trend in Korea during our debut, where women give off an atmosphere are feminie and quiet and not really out-spoken, it seemed my image was liek that. However, in fact, I’m really nothing like that, because I’m really naturally noisy.
2NE1 INTERVIEWS [& Scans,Caps,Ads] Dara32
nterview
Quote :

CL: It was surprising that fun, music, and fashion, co-existed so well with our personalities. I think that’s 2NE1′s style.
■ You are the first artists to debut under the newest label in Japan. Please tell me your thoughts about it.
CL: YGEX was the new label that they made, and we’re the first artists under it. Now, artists under YGEX would be more active in Japan, and I would like to think that this has been a good start.
BOM: We hope that everyone would anticipate our Japan activities from start to finish. We’re working hard with our music and performances to meet the expectations of the fans.
DARA: Because it’s a first time thing, my heart was always pounding so hard. But now, there’s a fresh feeling, and it all very fun.
MINZY: The first time I saw 2NE1 CDs being sold in a shop in Shibuya, it somehow felt strange. We’re working hard to further increase our fans’ expectations
■ BIG BANG, your seniors in the company, are already very popular in Japan, what is their presence in 2NE1?
CL: They are like our family. I think they’re like big brothers. Although they don’t always give us special talks, we know that they are like shadows who always cheer us on. We also learn a lot by going to their side and observing them. (In 2010) During BIG BANG’s tour here in Japan, we were brought along as guests. Through this experience, we learned on how it is to work in Japan.
■ Your debut album 「NOLZA」 conveys that you are a colorful group of musicians, when one listens to it. Even the meaning behind why it was titled as it was, please tell us about 2NE1′s music styles.
CL: 2NE1′s music is something that when you listen to them, you have time, and the songs speak towards the listeners like that. For the title 「NOLZA」 in Japanese it means 「아소보」 (T/N: It means let’s play either way). Ever since our debut, before we would get up on stage, we would always come together and shout 「NOLZA!」. I think that it’s our pleasure to play with the fans in Japan, so that’s why the title was like that.
■ The lyrics of 「UGLY」 talk about the complex emotions that women and teens, and it shows a great sympathy with their feelings. What do you want to convey to the Japanese girls through this song?
CL: I think the song’s lyrics is something that everyone can identify with, regardless of country or age, regardless of gender. Not only girls, but guys too, everyone has to some degree can feel conflicting emotions, and even an inferiority complex, and they blame these feelings on themselves. I think that 「UGLY」 is a song that they can listen to and get hope and confidence from, because it’s something everyone undergoes and can rise over with positive thoughts and recognition.
■ How do you cope when these kinds of feelings arise?
BOM: I overcome them when I’m on stage. When the members receive the cheers from fans, it gives us strength naturally.
CL: I listen to music. The kind of song depends on the kind of lyrics I want to listen to. When I feel sad, or when I want to have fun. Whenever I listen to songs, I feel a sense of comfort and it reduces stress a bit.
MINZY: I listen to music and dance. When I do that, it seems like my strength returns, especially during the hard days when I feel down.
DARA: As I stand on the stage, and be with the fans in person, I find strength. And of course, there’s the comforting fan mails, it’s a very large comfort that I know they’re comforting me. And recently, we’ve started raising a cat, and I find it comforting to look the cat’s photos.
■ I’d like to hear about the group’s style, what are the positions that each of the 4 members in 2NE1 holds?
CL: Dara should introduce us since she’s our Public Relations Director! He he
■ Alright then, so DARA, please introduce the members!
DARA:
CL is totally our leader. She also wraps up everything in order, and she’s also our traffic controller.
BOM is our mood maker. Though she gives a different feel in our songs, she’s really usually bright and happy, and she’s also in charge of the gag, making people happy.
MINZY is our youngest, but she’s very reliable. How do I say this?.. For example, if something happens that makes me angry, she goes 「Listen ∼!! 」 people usually go to MINZY when they have something to complain about.
CL: She’s our mother-like child 「The anger kid∼!! 」 would be the impression. Ha ha!
DARA: She’s totally reliable, and I can’t put it into words!
■ In addition, “I am this kind of person” though it’s not an obvious thing?
DARA: I am the person in charge of tissues and any ointments for wounds. If I feel like something is needed, then I bring it along, so I can give it as soon as anyone needs it.
MINZY: Well, I am the person responsible for sexy lips. Ha ha!
BOM: I don’t think I can say anything about myself. Ha ha!
■ When all four of you are together, what kind of atmosphere is created?
CL: A very noisy one, noisier than even now!
BOM: We have the great capacity to creat a lot of loud noise, CL is usually the person in charge of keeping us in line. But I never stop having fun. Ha ha!
Although it’s in our character, we are also not like that all the time. If one of us has a sad atmosphere, it gives a synergistic effect to the whole group too.
■ Indeed. Ha ha! Now to continue, I heard that 2NE1 is very into fashion. What is 2NE1′s fashion style?
CL: I think the lyrics to the song 「I AM THE BEST」 would describe 2NE1′s costumes, which I think is the best. When it comes to us, whether it’s fashion, music, or our costumes, it’s always our decision in th end, and we choose the best that fits our characters or personalities. So I don’t that there’s a special kind of fashion that 2NE1 is focused in. I think we’re more focused on our music, because we really want to leave a good impression.
■ What is your normal kind of fashion?
CL: It’s actually quite opposite to some of our costumes. Becase we request our clothing to be comfortable enough to wear.
■ So no surprising plain/civilian clothes?
CL: No, there isn’t. He he! For example, Dara never usually wears a skirt, she likes to dress comfortably, even to the point that she dresses up like a man. Which is opposite of me, because people always see me in strong fashionable clothes, but I’m really fond of dressing up like a girl. Our personalities are quite different to what people perceive, so it’s such a surprise.
DARA: I somewhat get goosebumps when I wear feminine outfits. Ha ha!
MINZY: I’ve portrayed a strong image, but surprisingly, I really like wearing cute clothes.
BOM: I like wearing clothes that are my usual fashion, but I’d like to wear longer pants too.
■ So then, please give advice to the girls in Japan who want to imitate 2NE1′s fashion and make-up.
CL: First of all, be yourself. If you really want to imitate 2NE1, then put emphasis on your individuality. But if you feel like our fashion is for you, then good!! As long as it suits you!
■ Eventually, the last of your tour date in Japan is on the second of October, what do you want to do in the remaining time?
CL: It’s our first time to be here in Japan for a long time, so we would love to enjoy it more. Also, we would be appearing in music programs, but we really love to sing on stage. So even with just two days of rest, as long as we get to be with you, then it’s already a good cause to have fun and play.
——————
Credits:
Source: EXILE Magazine
Scanned by: Yuchiko (@2oNEw1)
Japanese to Korean Translation by: Yuchiko
Korean to English Translation by: SlaveTranslator@WeLoveDara/ BlackjackBelle@OhDara
Back to top Go down
Dami Kim
Administrator
Administrator
Dami Kim

PostSubject: Re: 2NE1 INTERVIEWS [& Scans,Caps,Ads]   2NE1 INTERVIEWS [& Scans,Caps,Ads] EmptyFri Mar 16, 2012 9:30 am

^.^ Tis Latrevw !~.. Einai kai kati alla interviews apo poio palia pou einai ola teleia ~! Alla den ginete na ta postarete ola mazi katalabainw ^^ ~

iBlackjack
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/DaNaiiMyMusic
Dami Kim
Administrator
Administrator
Dami Kim

PostSubject: Re: 2NE1 INTERVIEWS [& Scans,Caps,Ads]   2NE1 INTERVIEWS [& Scans,Caps,Ads] EmptySat Mar 31, 2012 10:04 am

2NE1 Ray Magazine Japan ^^

Dara unnie:

Spoiler:
*edit* [Kati egine me ena url kai ious kai eprepe na to kleisw etsi den prolaba ta spoilers xD]
Mingkki unnie:

Spoiler:

Bommie:
Spoiler:

CLKumma:

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Dami Kim
Administrator
Administrator
Dami Kim

PostSubject: Re: 2NE1 INTERVIEWS [& Scans,Caps,Ads]   2NE1 INTERVIEWS [& Scans,Caps,Ads] EmptyThu Apr 05, 2012 9:23 am

2NE1 - Oricon Style (Full Translations by YGLadies)

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Dami Kim
Administrator
Administrator
Dami Kim

PostSubject: Re: 2NE1 INTERVIEWS [& Scans,Caps,Ads]   2NE1 INTERVIEWS [& Scans,Caps,Ads] EmptySun Apr 22, 2012 10:00 am

PULP: THE PARTY 2NE1 LIVE IN MANILA (32 PAGES)

Last year, 2NE1 came to Manila, Philippines to participate in “The Party” where they were the main attraction. PULP was one of the event organizers at that time and they recently released this special version of their magazine which has a 32-page special on 2NE1. You may watch a few clips of the press conference as well as the performances.
Edw->https://www.youtube.com/user/letsplay2ne1

2NE1 INTERVIEWS [& Scans,Caps,Ads] 0_2NE1_PULPMagazine_PartyInManila
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Dami Kim
Administrator
Administrator
Dami Kim

PostSubject: Re: 2NE1 INTERVIEWS [& Scans,Caps,Ads]   2NE1 INTERVIEWS [& Scans,Caps,Ads] EmptyTue May 01, 2012 8:00 am

SCANS einai ;)

2NE1 IN EXILE MAGAZINE

2NE1 INTERVIEWS [& Scans,Caps,Ads] 2NE1_exile-Magazine_03-610x457
2NE1 INTERVIEWS [& Scans,Caps,Ads] 2NE1_exile-Magazine_02
2NE1 INTERVIEWS [& Scans,Caps,Ads] 2NE1_exile-Magazine_01

CREDIT: ohohkaka@2NE1 Baidu
Back to top Go down
Dami Kim
Administrator
Administrator
Dami Kim

PostSubject: Re: 2NE1 INTERVIEWS [& Scans,Caps,Ads]   2NE1 INTERVIEWS [& Scans,Caps,Ads] EmptyWed May 02, 2012 8:33 am

2NE1′S 26 LETTER KEYWORD INTERVIEW FOR NON-NO MAGAZINE

2NE1 INTERVIEWS [& Scans,Caps,Ads] 2NE1-non-no1-351x500

ALBUM
For your first full album in Japan, you released a “Best of” album!
And on May, 2NE1 would be having their 3rd anniversary from debut.
And this time, you’ve recorded your hit Korean songs since debut, in Japanese and even released an original Japanese song!
CL: When we recorded the Japanese version of our debut song, “FIRE,” the felt once more all the nervousness that we had before we debuted.
DARA: While listening to this album, it’s like watching a movie where there are lots of flashbacks of memories.

BIGBANG
What kind of relationship do you have with your seniors in the company?
2NE1 who debuted as a younger sister group to seniors BIGBANG.
BOM: They are all younger than me, but they are like a reliable older brother. When we were filming our first PV, leader G-DRAGON said to make eye contact with the camera, “Look at the camera and give an impression as if you’re about to eat,” he gave that piece of advice, and until now, that has left an impression.

COSTUME
Costumes in music cannot be detached from each other.
CL who has a great fashion sense when it comes to costumes.
CL: Costumes help us express our music more clearly. Like 2NE1′s music, we don’t stick to one style, but we mix and match, like mixing clothes from high-end brands with vintage ones, are more our style. Nowadays, we added clothes that show an image of a mature woman, it’s really gorgeous and neat, and has an impression!

DIET
Who is the person who has recently became more slim and feminine?
MINZY who has a reputation of having a very feminine body shape!
MINZY: In a day, I do 2 hours of aerobic exercises and then 5 sets of 25 counts for abs exercises, every day. Abs… Working hard at it (shy.) I’ll tell a secret, I keep a photo of my favorite celebrity and put it on the wall where I can see clearly. My goal is to have a body like the actress “Zoe Saldana” from the movie “Avatar.” I really like her ♥

EXCITING
Tell us the most exciting moment in your life!
DARA: When we made our debut in Korea. We were really nervous but excited during our first stage!
BOM: When we held our first concert in Japan and Korea last year. I never imagined that so many fans would come and cheer us on. I was very excited! I remember that I got so excited that I forgot the lyrics. Ha ha!

FAMILY
The family that you are so proud of ♪
BOM: Our family is a family of artists. My older sister is a cellist. During our first concert, we did a number together, and it’s one of my best memories! My mom used to be a painter, but when we were born, she gave up her dream to take care of us. I want to be a good daughter, so I’d like to buy my parents a house with the money I get from being an artist. Wouldn’t that be great? It’s because it’s only fitting since they raised me well!

GIRLS
Most of the fans are girls!
It’s because of the songs’ lyrics.
Last year, in the first concert in Japan, 70,000 people came to watch. 90% of them were women!
CL: Our music speaks of the feelings of women, “If love doesn’t turn out well, then stand up and leave quickly!” It speaks of encouragement to be brave and stand up for themselves. So when a woman hears our songs, it gives that message, and cheers them on.

HEART
The thing which makes my heart thump?
DARA: I’ve become really attached to my brother’s cat, Dadoong. In the “Go Away” Japanese version PV, we appeared together, but he was awkward and uneasy, so most of his acting scenes got cut off. Ke ke!
MINZY: I like reading old diaries. When I read it, I think back to some sad events, but it contains wonderful memories.

Credits:

Source: Non-No Magazine
Jap-Kor Trans: BJN_21@Twitter/ BlackjackNao@OhDara
Kor-Eng Trans: BlackjackBelle@OhDara/ SlaveTranslator@WeLoveDara

Aaaah <3 Marese poly otan to diabazaa :')
2NE1 <3 Kyaaaa!~
My Unnies <3 !~ My Queens <3 ~

Me 2 Mingkki ;D
Maresei na diabazw palia imerologia kai na thimamai pragmata <3 MEMORIES !~
That's why I started writing a diary when I first began school ~
Arxisa stis 12 Sep 2011(otan arxise to sxoleio) gia na grapsw ola mou ta efivika xronia mexri to panepistimio!!!~
Na thimamaii ^_^
Back to top Go down
Dami Kim
Administrator
Administrator
Dami Kim

PostSubject: Re: 2NE1 INTERVIEWS [& Scans,Caps,Ads]   2NE1 INTERVIEWS [& Scans,Caps,Ads] EmptyFri May 04, 2012 9:07 am

Scans ^_^

2NE1 OM EXILE MAGAZINE JUNE 2012 ISSUE
2NE1 INTERVIEWS [& Scans,Caps,Ads] 2NE1-EXILE-MAGAZINE-JUNE-2012-ISSUE-04-375x500
2NE1 INTERVIEWS [& Scans,Caps,Ads] 2NE1-EXILE-MAGAZINE-JUNE-2012-ISSUE-03-375x5002NE1 INTERVIEWS [& Scans,Caps,Ads] 2NE1-EXILE-MAGAZINE-JUNE-2012-ISSUE-02-374x5002NE1 INTERVIEWS [& Scans,Caps,Ads] 2NE1-EXILE-MAGAZINE-JUNE-2012-ISSUE-01-376x500

CREDIT: BlackjackBelle@weibo + 2NE1 Baidu
Back to top Go down
Dami Kim
Administrator
Administrator
Dami Kim

PostSubject: Re: 2NE1 INTERVIEWS [& Scans,Caps,Ads]   2NE1 INTERVIEWS [& Scans,Caps,Ads] EmptyThu May 10, 2012 4:35 am

[SCANS]

2NE1′S VISIT TO SE7EN’S SHOWCASE IN JAPAN’S KAN FUN MAGAZINE

Spoiler:

OMOO~ TI GLUKEEES!!

SPIN – TALKS ABOUT 2NE1, BIG BANG, BOA, WONDER GIRLS, SNSD. AND MORE (MARCH/APRIL 2012)

Spoiler:

Aish ~ Ayta einai :PP
Back to top Go down
Dami Kim
Administrator
Administrator
Dami Kim

PostSubject: Re: 2NE1 INTERVIEWS [& Scans,Caps,Ads]   2NE1 INTERVIEWS [& Scans,Caps,Ads] EmptyFri May 11, 2012 4:08 am

WOOFIN MAGAZINE FEATURES M.FLO’S VERBAL & 2NE1 – MAY 2012 ISSUE –

Spoiler:

WHOAH!~ SCREAM STYLE <3 KYAAA!!!!

2NE1 ON E-POP CHATROOM
Spoiler:

2NE1 ON TOP HOT K-POP! “I AM THE BEST” ON #2

OMOOO!~ NEVER GETS OLD <3

Spoiler:

Neaga Jeil Jal Naga ^^

Back to top Go down
Dami Kim
Administrator
Administrator
Dami Kim

PostSubject: Re: 2NE1 INTERVIEWS [& Scans,Caps,Ads]   2NE1 INTERVIEWS [& Scans,Caps,Ads] EmptyFri May 11, 2012 4:12 am

WOOFIN MAGAZINE FEATURES M.FLO’S VERBAL & 2NE1 – MAY 2012 ISSUE –

Spoiler:

WHOAH!~ SCREAM STYLE <3 KYAAA!!!!

2NE1 ON E-POP CHATROOM
Spoiler:

2NE1 ON TOP HOT K-POP! “I AM THE BEST” ON #2

OMOOO!~ NEVER GETS OLD <3

Spoiler:

Neaga Jeil Jal Naga ^^

Back to top Go down
Dami Kim
Administrator
Administrator
Dami Kim

PostSubject: Re: 2NE1 INTERVIEWS [& Scans,Caps,Ads]   2NE1 INTERVIEWS [& Scans,Caps,Ads] EmptyMon May 14, 2012 9:38 am

2NE1 FEATURED IN JAPANESE RADIO – MAY’S ASIAN WAVE
http://twitvid.com/H3HTA *edited URL*

Translation:

[PART 1]

This time, our guest is the most popular group in Korea, girlgroup 2NE1! They’re popular even in Japan, ofcourse Taiwan, and even in Asia. And at they’re first appearance here, we want to try to ask several things to them. We will also send you a lot of 2NE1 songs, so please enjoy until the end.

*plays I Am the Best*

Welcome our guest for today, girlgroup 2NE1!

2NE1: Whooooo~
Minzy: Please take care of us!
MC: Are you healthy? I went to YG Family Concert in Saitama last January 21st!
2NE1:Woahhh~
CL: How was it?
MC: It was a lot of fun! It was big and powerful, and i was able to meet those number of people, so i felt really great~ I was really thinking that at that moment, 2NE1 was the TOP artist in Asia, because everytime you come out, the crowd goes wild.
2NE1: Thank you haha!

[PART 2]

2NE1 talks about CL!

MC: But instead of self introduction, i wanted to hear from the members what kind of person the members are. Ok, how do you guys feel when you see leader CL?

Minzy: She really has charisma. Everyone, even celebrities in Korea praise her.
MC: So~ From what Minzy-ssi said, everyone’s complimenting her?
CL: I’m shy // I’m shy
MC: You look shy in you appearance, are you?
CL: Yes///
MC: Don’t you have something more to reveal?
Bom: She’s very..very good during performances. That’s why when she flies on stage, we give her nicknames like “lion”.
MC: Lion?
Bom: She looks like a lion too!
MC: What are you talking about? Do you mean her hands are a lion’s?
Minzy: Take a look!
Bom: Please take a look!!
CL: My hands are fat!
MC: Ahh is that so?
CL: Yes~ And even my face looks a bit like a lion too…
MC: Really? Are you talking about your wild side?
CL: Yes,right.

[PART 3]

2NE1 Talks about Bom!

MC: Then, how do you see Bom?
CL: Bom-chan..What is that something unusual? *interprets* Yes, Bom is a weirdo.
MC: I thought CL was the weird one~ Ok. Who’s the member who eats a lot?
CL: That’s Dara-chan!
MC: O_o Dara-chan eats a lot???
CL: Yes,yes.
Minzy: Dara unnie who doesn’t gain weight.
MC: Even she eats a lot?
CL: I want Dara-chan to gain some weight.
MC: Ah~ I think it’s her physical built. I envy her!
Bom: That’s right.
MC: Going back~ What kind of person is Bom?
Dara: Bom is very good at singing, and she’s attractive. And she has another charm! She’s very funny and she has a lot of jokes, that’s why when i’m with her, there’s no boring moment. She’s that kind of person.
MC: Oh is that so? So when you’re with her, you don’t feel bored?
CL: Yes~
MC: As expected..

CREDITS: OhDara via 꽐라

Translated by: ilove2NE1girls@2NE1GLOBAL/WWB

YEES !~ Paw na to diabasw Kkkk~ ^_^
My unnies aaah <3 ~

To evala edw san interview!!!
Back to top Go down
Dami Kim
Administrator
Administrator
Dami Kim

PostSubject: Re: 2NE1 INTERVIEWS [& Scans,Caps,Ads]   2NE1 INTERVIEWS [& Scans,Caps,Ads] EmptyThu May 24, 2012 11:19 pm

2NE1 SCANS FROM “DAZED & CONFUSED” MAGAZINE – KOREA

2NE1 INTERVIEWS [& Scans,Caps,Ads] Dazed-confused-2012-adidas-04
Spoiler:

OTOOOKKEEEE!!~
SPEECHLESS!!!~
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2NE1 INTERVIEWS [& Scans,Caps,Ads]   2NE1 INTERVIEWS [& Scans,Caps,Ads] Empty

Back to top Go down

2NE1 INTERVIEWS [& Scans,Caps,Ads]
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next